MBBS, DO (Gold Medallist), DNB,MNAMS, FVRS, FRCOphth, FICO (U.K.), MRCS(Edinburg), FACS(USA), FASRS(USA)
Specialization: Retina and Vitreous, Uvea & Neuro-Ophthalmology
* Global Eye Hospital, Director and Senior Retina Specialist
* Ex Senior Consultant & HOD, Retina Department at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre (2008-2021)
* Recipient of HONOR Award & Senior HONOR Award from American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) in 2018 & 2019
* Awarded MRCS (Edinburg) (Ophthalmology) from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2019 & Fellow of American College of Surgeons(FACS) in 2020
* Received International Ophthalmic Heroes of India Award from AIOS in 2019 & 2020
* Young Researchers Award from All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS) 2010
* IJO Gold Award for best publication in Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2012
* AIOS APOS K Vengala Rao Award for best paper in Comprehensive Ophthalmology AIOS Annual Conference 2015
* Dr K P Roy Memorial Award, Dr B K Mitra Memorial Award & Dr Anadi, Basu Award for bestpaper & best poster presentation in State Annual Conference 2012, 2013 & 2017(OSWB)
* Former PG Education Committee Chairman and Scientific Committee
* Chairman of Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal (OSWB)
* Presently Joint Secretary of OSWB
* Performed more than 10000 VR surgeries
* Trained VR surgeons from India , Nepal & Bangladesh
I have realized the huge lacunae in the services of child eye care both in urban and rural areas. It is my dearest dream to build a network of referrals in combination with other eye centres such that no child goes blind due to preventable blindness in West Bengal and eastern region. I am now working as a child eye specialist doctor in Kolkata at Global Eye Hospital.
PEDIATRIC CATARACT SURGERY: lensectomy, phacoaspiration with foldable IOL implantation with posterior capsulorrhexis with anterior vitrectomy
PEDIATRIC GLAUCOMA SURGERY: Trabeculotomy with trabeculectomy, Ahmed valve glaucoma implant surgery
STRABISMUS SURGERY: ALL variations including obliques, restrictive squints and paralytic squints
ADULT GLAUCOMA SURGERY: Trabeculectomy with MMC and valve surgery
Surgical expertise during Senior Residency:
1. Phacoemulsification in difficult cases and under topical anesthesia
2. Squint surgeries over 164 cases (recession-resections ) and over 20 cases of inferior oblique surgeries and 4 superior oblique surgeries.
3. Adjustable squint surgeries in 6 cases.
4. Fornix based Trabeculectomies in adult glaucomas( more than 45).
5. Trabeculotomy with trabeculectomy in congenital glaucoma patients( 12 cases)
6. AGV implantation in adult refractory glaucomas (4 cases)
7. Bleb revision(2 cases)
Dr Siddhartha Ghosh, MS in Ophthalmology, has been trained in Phacoemulsification, lasers and retinal diseases from premier ophthalmological institutes. He has performed more than 20,000 eye procedures and surgeries till date.
Dr Siddhartha Ghosh is the Director at Global Eye Hospital, Head of the Department of Ophthalmology, at the GD Hospital and Diabetes Institute at Kolkata. He is also a Visiting Consultant at Nightingale Hospital, Apollo Gleneagles.
He has been actively involved in Post-graduate teaching and training of Ophthalmologists.
Dr Ghosh has to his credit numerous presentations in various national and international conferences and academic forums, and is a member of the All India Ophthalmological Society and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. He is also actively involved in scientific publications.
Dr Sangeeta Roy
Among the finest Ophthalmologists & Vitreoretinal Surgeons in the city, Dr. Sangeeta Roy is a Director at Global Eye Hospital, Salt Lake City Kolkata, Ex-Retina Surgeon in Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre is known for offering excellent patient care.
Dr. Sangeeta Roy has done her MBBS from Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College and Hospital in 2008. She has completed her MD (Ophthalmology) from Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences (AIIMS) in 2012. She was awarded with the Bodhraj Sabharwal gold medal for best post graduate student (2012). She joined as a senior resident in the vitreoretina services in AIIMS in 2012. She was awarded with the fellowship of ‘International College of Ophthalmology in 2014. Previously she had worked as a vitreoretina consultant in Grewal Eye Institute, Chandigarh. She has several papers in indexed and non indexed journals. Dr. Sangeeta Roy stands out as one of the top 10 retina specialists doctors in Kolkata.
Dr Prosenjit Mondal
Dr Prosenjit Mondal, MBBS, MS, FVRS Dr Prosenjit Mondal is a Senior Vitreo-Retina Surgeon & Director at Global Eye Hospital, Kolkata.
Dr. Mondal has done his MBBS from RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata and MS from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur.
He has done Fellowship in Vitreo-Retina surgery from Aravind Eye Hospital & Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Pondicherry from 2010 to 2012and was Medical Officer there in the Department of Retina. Dr. Mondal was the senior Vitreo-Retina Consultant at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Center, Kolkata. He has done more than 10000 Vitreo-Retina surgeries. Trained VR Surgeons from India and Abroad.